The project titled “Mobile Health Services in Flood effected Distract of Charssada.
OSED seeks to provide accessible, affordable and quality health care to the population in rural & inaccessible areas, especially the vulnerable sections. Given the status of public health infrastructure in KP, it is not possible to provide the desired services till the infrastructure is sufficiently upgraded. Factors negatively influencing in delivery of health services through existing public health institutions are as follows:
- Distance of remote villages from public health institution
- Geographical barriers to reach out to such pockets
- Lack of inadequacy in public transportation network
- Lack of health awareness &health consciousness among people, hinders in accessing health services on their own.
- No exclusive medical team to reach out to these disadvantaged sections.OSED designed Mobile Health Unit (MHU) with the Support of Muslim Aid Uk as an alternative for rural health care delivery for a specified area with earmarked team of health professionals with supporting equipment’s & drugs. It is envisaged to provide preventive & curative health services in the inaccessible areas which is effected by the devastated flood 2011 in district charssada. Mobile health units with ambulances has been provided for flood affected areas in charssada. OSED provide basic health care services through field and mobile health structure to the remote and hard to reach areas of Flood Effected in District Charssada.In flood 2011, OSED Mobile Health Unit has been attended 65594 patients. Out of which 22697 female,12697 male and 30200 are children.